Thursday, July 24, 2008

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Sean and Evan are doing well. Today Sean was taken off of the CPAP machine and just has a little oxygen in his nose. I got to hold him for the first time. The nurse told me he is a little spunky! It was great to hold him and very touching. Evan is doing better but is not progressing as fast as Sean. He is still on a ventilator but may move to a CPAP machine tomorrow. I go home tomorrow so it will be hard leaving them but I will visit a lot. They don't want us to stimulate the boys too much while they are hooked up to machines but they encourage us to hold their hands or feet or lay our hands on their body and hold still. It was amazing to see them breathe better and calm themselves the minute I put my hands on them. Truly amazing....

I would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you. So many friends and family members have emailed us or facebooked us to say congrats and send prayers. We feel truly blessed to have such good friends and support. I cannot describe how comforting your prayers and thoughts have been for us. Thank you!

I will continue to post updates on the boys here especially during their hospital stay but even after that. Remember to bookmark it and you can check for updates whenever you want!

No comments: