Sunday, September 21, 2008

Feeder and Grower


There is a preemie term "feeder and grower" for babies who just need to eat and gain weight to get out of the NICU. My boys seem to be doing just that at home.... They are eating four ounces at every feeding and seeming to be growing extra chins. Sean is up to 8 lbs and 6 oz while Evan is at 7 lbs 6 oz. Evan is still a pound lighter and an inch shorter after their two month appointment with the pediatrician. The schedule is still pretty rough - they sleep at the most 4 hours at a time but usually not. Steve and I are splitting it so I can keep my sanity. He lets me sleep from 9pm to 11pm or 12am and then I take the rest of the night so he can sleep (he is back to work and I am not). I am hoping they sleep longer by the time I go back to work but I am not holding out too much hope. The doctor says they are doing good for their age and seem to be thriving. We are relieved.... My sisters are coming to visit in a few weeks so I am excited.... It is good to have visitors at least for a little while!

No comments: